LogoSophia seeks to create a magazine and community dedicated to creating and cultivating connections, unity and understanding between Christian denominations, under the leadership of an elected Editor in Chief.
The One True God
1. There is one God who created the universe, who is an eternal spiritual being with no beginning nor end, who resides outside of time; who is omnipresent, omnipotent, sovereign, holy, just; and who exists simultaneously in three persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
2. God’s will is written in the Old and New Testament scriptures for the original writings are divinely inspired. God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. So the Holy Bible is the ultimate authority in our faith without error.
The Fallen State of Humanity
3. Human beings are made in God’s divine image. Before sin entered the world, humans had the perfect relationship with the living God, living at peace together with Him.
4. But because of Adam and Eve’s sin of rejecting God, humankind was unable to be in God’s presence anymore due to the perversion of sin entering human nature; such sin goes completely against God’s pure holiness. Sin separated humans from God which incurred physical & spiritual death.
The Redemption of Humanity through Christ
5. For God is just, he must punish sin; but in His unbounding love, He sent Jesus Christ the Son to be born into the world by power of the Holy Spirit through the virgin Mary. By the nature of his birth, Jesus is fully God and fully man.
6. Jesus lived a perfect, sinless life. He willingly took the punishment of humankind’s sin by his death on the cross, so that our sins can be forgiven and that we may be reconciled with God through belief and faith in Jesus Christ.
7. For all those who receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, we are declared righteous in God’s eyes and our human nature transformed anew by the Holy Spirit.
The Future Hope
8. Jesus Christ will return, and when he does, there will be a new heaven and earth along with the bodily resurrection of all. The righteous are united eternally with God; the unrighteous are punished by separation from the goodness of God.
This Year’s Theme
(Church, Unity, Community, Body of Christ, Liturgy, Ministry, & All Things Related)
What is LogoSophia Magazine?
LogoSophia is an online interdenominational Christian magazine that will be published quarterly (February, May, August, November). At the start of every year, the magazine will decide on a new theme for its content, ranging from the many virtues of life to the heavy burdens of our world. This magazine intends to publish a wide array of creative material that encourages interesting conversations and emotional connections between Christian believers of different denominations and cultures.
LogoSophia = “Wisdom’s Words”
L O G O S
Derived from a Greek word (λόγος, lógos) variously meaning “ground, plea, opinion, expectation, word, speech, account, reason, proportion, discourse.” (Wikipedia)
The Start of Our Journey
To be added…