What is LogoSophia Magazine?
LogoSophia Magazine is an online interdenominational Christian magazine that will be published quarterly (February, May, August, November). At the start of every year, the magazine will decide on a new theme for its content, ranging from the many virtues of life to the heavy burdens of our world. This magazine intends to publish a wide array of creative material that encourages interesting conversations and emotional connections between Christian believers of different denominations and cultures.
LSM is focused on learning about the various expressions of Christianity and about finding Truth. To this end, we insist that our authors and commentators highlight their own expressions (shortcomings as well as strengths) as opposed to pointing fingers or tearing down the expressions of others. All submissions and comments are expected to be respectful of differences and unaggressive in tone. If there is a point of contention, a calm, respectful conversation using the Bible as a mutual reference is acceptable. Anything else may be subject to deletion by the editors.
LogoSophia Magazine seeks to create a quarterly magazine and a community dedicated to creating and cultivating connections, unity and understanding between Christian denominations, under the leadership of an elected Editor in Chief.
Our Name Means…
LogoSophia = “Wisdom’s Words”
L O G O S
Derived from a Greek word (λόγος, lógos) variously meaning “ground, plea, opinion, expectation, word, speech, account, reason, proportion, discourse.” (Wikipedia)
This Year’s Theme
- February – The Church as the Body of Christ: Unity & Community
- May – Sacraments*
- August – Liturgy*
- November – Ministry & hierarchy*
*may be subject to change
The Start of Our Journey
The One True God
1. There is one God who created the universe, who is an eternal spiritual being with no beginning nor end, who resides outside of time; who is omnipresent, omnipotent, sovereign, holy, just; and who exists simultaneously in three persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
2. God’s will is written in the Old and New Testament scriptures for the original writings are divinely inspired. God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. So the Holy Bible, being without error, is, along with the Church Fathers, the ultimate authority in our faith without error.
The Fallen State of Humanity
3. Human beings are made in God’s divine image. Before sin entered the world, humans had the perfect relationship with the living God, living at peace together with Him.
4. But because of Adam and Eve’s sin of rejecting God, humankind was unable to be in God’s presence anymore due to the perversion of sin entering human nature; such sin goes completely against God’s pure holiness. Sin separated humans from God which incurred physical & spiritual death.
The Redemption of Humanity through Christ
5. For God is just, he must punish sin; but in His unbounding love, He sent Jesus Christ the Son to be born into the world by power of the Holy Spirit through the virgin Mary. By the nature of his birth, Jesus is fully God and fully man.
6. Jesus lived a perfect, sinless life. He willingly took the punishment of humankind’s sin by his death on the cross, so that our sins can be forgiven and that we may be reconciled with God through belief and faith in Jesus Christ.
7. For all those who receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, we are declared righteous in God’s eyes and our human nature transformed anew by the Holy Spirit.
The Future Hope
8. Jesus Christ will return, and when he does, there will be a new heaven and earth along with the bodily resurrection of all. The righteous are united eternally with God; the unrighteous are punished by separation from the goodness of God.