At this time we are accepting
- Submissions for our 2023 issues, with the theme God & Country:
- Winter 2023 – Life (submissions deadline December 3rd; details here)
- Spring 2023 – Liberty (submissions deadline March 3rd; details to be forthcoming)
- Summer 2023 – Patriotism (submissions deadline June 2nd; details to be forthcoming)
- Autumn 2023 – The Pursuit of Happiness (submissions deadline September 1st; details to be forthcoming)
- Submissions for our blog.
- Notifications of interest to write for Controversy Corner (our main requirement is that you must be able to accurately summarize your denomination’s views on diverse subjects in 200 words or less)
- We publish articles/nonfiction, original fiction, poetry, artwork and more.
- We do not publish fanfiction.
- Submissions must be 5,000 words or fewer to be published.
- At this time, all submissions must be in English.
- In keeping with our Christian traditions, all submissions and comments are expected to be respectful of other denominations, traditions, and expressions of faith.
- We strive to be a family-oriented organization. As such we do not publish anything that would be rated R, and we may ask PG-13 submissions to be toned down.
- Submissions will be accepted at the discretion of the editors.
- Submissions may be rejected if they do not align with our Belief Statement.
- Submissions intended by the author for an issue may not be included due to spacial limitations, but if such is the case, it will be published on our blog.
- We do not offer pecuniary compensation at this time.
- If we accept your submission for one of our themed issues, we will ask if you would be willing to read aloud/record it for our audio issue. If you do not wish to read it, a staff member will read it instead. If you do choose to read it, please follow the instructions at the bottom of this page.
Reading Aloud/Recording Guidelines:
If we accept your submission for one of our themed issues, we will ask if you would be willing to read aloud/record it for our audio issue. If you do not wish to read it, a staff member will read it instead. If you do choose to read it (after editing), we ask that you follow/complete the following:
- Decide if you want to record video or just audio.
- Begin with the title of the work, then say “by [your name on the work]”, and start the text.
- Read slowly.
- Annunciate clearly.
- When you mess up (we all do!), pause for a moment, then start the sentence or paragraph over. We can edit out problems.
- If there is an unexpected/unintended loud noise in the background (pets, car alarms, sirens, etc.), pause the recording until the noise has ended, then pick up again at the beginning of the last sentence or paragraph you were on.
- When you are finished, save it. We prefer MP3 format, but we can work with MP4, WAV, and many other formats.
- Check your recording and if you like it, send it!